Thursday, August 06, 2009

I am not who I used to be


I am not who I used to be
Where am I gone, where should I seek
When I glance in a mirror, I am not sure who I see
Who lives in here if it’s not me?

As I trace the scars of my torn heart
I mourn with sadness the beauty lost
Laughter, life and joy lived within
Now there is a silence inside that had never been

A stranger is rising from what remains
I don’t recognize her shape, doesn’t feel the same
If her and I should ever happen to meet
We would pass each other like unknowns on the street

I wonder if anyone can tell I’ve been long gone
Slowly being replaced with this newborn
Even as I protect this new sapling that’s grown
The end of what I used to be I do mourn

I scour for nutrients to help this child grow
To nurse her strong and let her glow
No matter how long she lives inside of me
Will she really ever be me?

Flower car lady - Have a happy and colorful day

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Chandreyee - I enjoy reading your poetry as well. You last one made me really think of my brother back in India especially on this Rakhi day.

    ReplyDelete