Thursday, June 04, 2009

Are you Happy?

What would be your response to that question if some one asked you that this moment?

I am learning that happiness is not a constant state of being but rather a temporary state of mind that we are constantly trying to achieve.
Makes me think of what my FIL keeps talking to me about vitamin C. Vitamin C is easily and quickly absorbed by the body and so in order for it to remain in your system its better to take several low doses of it rather than one mega dose for the day. My FIL takes 3 forms of vitamin C through out the day one a quick acting and absorbing high dose , the second a slow release quick absorbing low dose and the third a late release slow absorbing form so that it remains in his system for the entire day.
So it seems to me in order to sustain happiness for any length of time inside our body it needs to follow the same model. As opposed to one large dose of happy you need to scatter your day with a constant drip of activities and events that supply “happiness” to your mind body and soul in different forms.

So far my happy dose today consisted of

1) Working out at the Gym – slow release, slow absorbing type
2) Eating wonderful Indian food for lunch – quick release, quick absorbing type

On days that I get the full required dose my answer to the question would be YES. Today however according to my Happy-O-meter as of this moment I am a little low on Vitamin- Happy so I am off to find a new dose.

Have you taken your happy dose today? While you are at it don't forget to take some Vitamin-C too:)


Flower Car Lady - Have a happy and colorful day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment