Thursday, July 16, 2009

My trip to the NEW Yankee stadium.





Last month was my birthday and my DH got me a really neat present. Six tickets to go see the NEW YORK YANKEES at their new stadium. If you are a Yankee fan of any sort you have heard that they have a new stadium this year. Well for my birthday I got to go see it with my family. In fact DH got an extra ticket so I could take my BFF with me.

Ride in was great, some traffic along the way but with hubby at the wheel and some smooth maneuvering not to bad getting in to the city.
Parking was a breeze and then across the street and up the escalator right to our seats, which were thankfully under cover perfect in case of rain. It was a sort of pretty day with chance of rain (so what’s new) but it held out for the most part. There was a 25 minute rain delay at the start due to sprinkling but the rest was smooth sailing.



The stadium itself is BEAUTIFUL. You can walk along side the entire stadium and pretty much see the game from any section without sitting in a seat. The food court is just amazing, along with the usual hot dogs and burgers and baseball food there was falafel, noodle bowl, Mexican food and my favorite sushi. I mean really where can you see a Yankee game and eat sushi at the same time but in NEW YORK CITY.

During the course of the game we ate ice-cream, did the 7th inning Cotton Eyed Joe, danced to the YMCA with the cleaning crew and even joined in the stadium wide wave. It was a great outing and I am so proud of my hubby for making my day so special. Thanks Honey you really know how me make me happy. Sorry about screaming out into your ear the whole game, but you know the players are so far I have to scream so they can hear me LoL.




Oh yeah about the game, on the mound was CC Sabathia and we played the Seattle Mariners. We lost 8-4, and Mo did not come out in the 9th inning but none of that mattered. I had my Hubby, my kids and my BFF and the Yankees all in one place at the same time. What else could you a girl want for her 41st birthday.

How did you celebrate your last birthday ?



Flower car lady - Have a happy and colorful day

No comments:

Post a Comment