Wednesday, May 13, 2009

10 Really Random things about me

I woke up feeling a little terrified of what I have started. I have no built in filter so it is hard for me to sieve through things before I blurt them out. This morning it dawned on me that perhaps blogging is not the safest thing for me. I might be revealing more than I need to about me and my thoughts. Then again I am not 29 anymore so if any one is really interested in my random daily thoughts then here they are.

10 really random things about me in random order:

1) I am not a morning person and like to sleep in late and thankfully I have a DH who is very supportive of my weakness.
2) I love music / singing, cant really a carry a tune but that does not stop me from butchering every song I love. I can hear a song once and I usually sub- consciously memorize the lyrics. Perhaps some day that will be a useful skill.
3) I don’t have a middle name.
4) I am lucky to have had to opportunity to have traveled to 4 continents so far Asia, North America, Europe, and Australia. Hopefully in my lifetime I’ll be able to reach the other 3 as well - Africa, Antarctica and South America. Some of the places I have been- India, Germany, Singapore, Hong Kong, Rome, Paris, Mexico, Canada, Australia, London, Moscow. I think there is no substitute for actually having been there and seen the places. DH and I are making a conscious choice to expose the boys to various countries so far they have been to India, Mexico, Canada, Frankfurt, Munich and Hong Kong. I’d love to take them to Morocco, or Turkey or Greece next year.
5) Two years ago I made a conscious decision to ban black from my closet. Now you will be hard pressed to find anything black in my closet. It full of color and makes me smile and uplifts my day. It changed my life, Try it! I did not discover my girlie side until I had 3 boys and now I am the queen of pink.
6) I can’t diet. Just can’t do it. The more I think about what I should not eat the more junk I eat. I’d rather eat all the stuff I want and then work out. When I am not focused on dieting or loosing weight I eat pretty healthy. The minute I think about loosing weight and consider a “DIET” I gain weight. Go figure!
7) I am terrible at ironing. I just do a horrible job of it. Even my cleaning lady who sometimes irons for me re-irons everything I iron. I don’t burn them, just can’t seem to get the wrinkles out. I hate ironing, everything I buy needs to be able to go from dryer to hanger.
8) I have never been drunk. I don’t drink a lot never really had too much and never had a hangover. Perhaps 3 drinks in one evening have been the most so far. Rule in my house regarding drinking and driving is zero drinks. The minute you’ve had one drink or even ½, no driving. Works well for us , neither my H nor I are big drinkers so we can easily take turns based on who ever is in the mood. My favorite drink is a light and sweet Margarita with extra salt.
9) Each of my boy’s names has origins from different parts of the world. The oldest one has a Russian/Estonian name. The second one’s is Middle Eastern and the third one has an Indian name. If I’d had a 4th he/she would have had to have a Japanese or Chinese name to round it out.
10)In the whole large grocery store aisles filled with drink choices there is nothing I can find that I like to drink. All I drink right now is San Pellegrino fizzy water with lime and sometimes POM 100% pomegranate juice. I am usually thirsty but never seem to find anything I like, its very frustrating to me and it gets boring to have to drink the same stuff all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment