Monday, May 11, 2009

Welcome to The Flower Car Lady's blog.


Not sure where this blog is going to lead but its gotta start some where so lets start at the name.

Flower Car lady:

These days that's how I see myself. There are people who live in my town that probably know me as just that.
I am not sure how it all started but here is where I have arrived. Perhaps it stems from the fact that I am raising 3 boys and having 4 males in the house ( DH included) made me seek out more of my feminine side. May be its way of marking my territory. If I was going to have to be forced to drive a "Mom van" with 3 boys in tow there was this sudden urge in make it my own. I found these great flowers they are magnetic and I attached them to the outside of the van. They are pink and green Daises. I did not realise at the time how much they would transform my life.
I wondered if the boys would care or worse complain about having to ride in a car that has flowers on it. I must point out that my boys are ALLERGIC yes allergic to the color pink. They would not be caught dead with anything pink in them.
The reaction however was pretty amazing, they love it and now if I ever take them off to have the car washed they ask " Mom what happened to the flowers?"
Not to mention its a pretty visible car , everyone knows it me when I drive by. Ever since the flowers on the car I find that a lot of people wave to me as I drive by, Occasionally I know who they are but many a times its someone just happy to see the flowers. Kids especially wave from school buses and other cars they are riding in and smile and point. Its nice knowing that something I enjoy for myself is putting a smile in someones day .
Once I parked at the kids school and another mom shouted to me from across a fully packed parking lot." Hold up , hold up she said, I've always wanted to see who drives that car!!". So I waited and smiled and said Hello to her her and she now knows who Flower car Lady is.
Thanks to my DH for rubbing off his love for cars and driving onto me. He eventually talked me into the joys of a "non-mom" car to celebrate the fact that I am not 29 anymore ( if you know what I mean) . Its a cute hot orange mini convertible and the it has 4 seats so the kids can still come along with me. Its the best birthday present a DH can get for his wife. When the weather is hot you will see me cruising down our town with by boys and don't you know it the pink and green daises making us all smile. When I first got the new car and people saw me with the van and would say " Hey do you know you've started a trend , some one else now has flowers on their car" . I'd just smile and say Nope, still me I'm still the flower car Lady :) .


I am loving this whole motherhood thing especially loving being a mom to boys.




Happy mothers Day to all the Mom's out there and hope you have a great year ahead enjoying your kids.

1 comment:

  1. Sunita, congratulations on taking the plunge! I can hear you speaking as I read your post. See you very soon. Best, CB

    ReplyDelete