Tuesday, May 26, 2009

My Top 10 summer list

Summer is going to be upon us soon and the kids are going to be out of school for a little over 2 months. A few years ago I stopped doing any summer camps for the kids and decided to have old fashioned summers for the boys. We have a lake in our community and a man made beach with white sand and on most days you will find me and the boys hanging out there playing ,chilling and just taking in the summer heat. The boys spend endless hours swimming and playing with the life guards who are older kids from the community. I am looking forward to the day when they are old enough to be lifeguards themselves.
Summer is my favorite season to enjoy being a mom as there is no homework and no lunchboxes to pack and no schedules. The boys can just be boys and have fun and we have the time to gather as a family and create some happy memories. Every year summer flies by sooner than expected and I want to make sure I soak up as much of the sun while it is shining brightly. Here is my top 10 list of things I am looking forward to doing this summer:


1) Teaching the kids how to ride bikes
2) Making sure the little one can swim independently
3) Taking a day trip to NYC
4) Taking a trip to a water park
5) Having a BBQ with friends on the lake
6) Watching 4th of July fireworks
7) Sleeping in a tent at the family campout at the beach
8) Fishing and catching dinner
9) Going Kayaking out on the lake
10) Sleeping in late


What’s on your to-do list this summer?


Flower Car Lady - Have a happy and colorful day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment